This 7-session intermediate-level workshop takes you step by step through the typical furniture-making process: design, layout, cutting, joinery, assembly, glue-up and finishing. Working with machine and hand tools, you will build a solid hardwood lamp with mortise and tenon joinery and turned legs. Topics covered:
- How to layout parts, make a cut list and estimate materials/cost from a design
- Milling rough lumber using the jointer, planer and table saw
- Turning round parts on the lathe
- Mortise and tenon joinery using the mortising machine with table saw
- How to integrate lamp hardware/wiring into woodworking projects
All tools, materials, and safety equipment are provided.
Also included with this class is 18 hrs of studio time ($216 value). Students should plan to spend 2-3hrs per week, outside or regular class time, to work independently on the class project and practice skills you learned in class.
**Prerequisite for this class is completion of Intro to Woodworking or Workshop Certification or equivalent experience with instructor pre-approval.**
Class size: limited to 4
Dates: Thursdays 7-10pm, 2/9 to 3/23
Non-member price: $725 + $100 materials
Member price: $742 (includes materials)
By registering you are agreeing our Class Policy. Please read it for important information about cancellations, refunds, make up classes, etc.